GINGERBREAD HOUSES - Jr. High Teens! Join us on Sunday, Dec 11 at 1 PM Please bring $10 with you for the supplies! Please sign up using the flier on the Faith Formation Office door.
Marriage Prep - Couples wishing to get married should contact the church a minimum of 6 months before the projected wedding date. Interviews, classes and parish registration are required before a date can be set!
Spaghetti Dinner - Support Yakima Mission!!- It’s time for our annual Spaghetti Dinner! Join us this Sunday (12/4) after the 5:30 pm Mass for great food and music by the Life Teen band!
Grief Support Group - If you are grieving the death of a loved one, come find strength and compassion with the St. Stephen’s Grief Support Group on Sunday, December 18 from 1:00 - 2:30 PM in the Chapel. Our topic will be "Depression/Getting the Help You Need." For more info, contact Sharon Rasmussen at 425-228-1437. “Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.” - Isaiah 40:31
Widows/Widowers - The Annual Christmas Dinner will be Wednesday, Dec 14 at the Fairwood Golf and Country Club. More details soon. Questions? Contact Clarence Hopson at email@example.com.
The Nursery will be closed Christmas Eve (Dec 24) and Christmas Day (Dec25) during all weekend Masses to allow our volunteers to celebrate the Birth of Our Savior with their families. Thank you for your understanding,- Brigitte Gonzales (Child Care Coordinator, 425-351-5518).
Catholicism DVD Series - Please join us for any or all of these stand-alone episodes:
Wednesday Mornings at 10 AM in the Outreach Annex 1st and 3rd Wendesday Evenings at 7:30 PM in the Church December 7 - Episode 6, "A Body Both Suffering and Glorious: The Mystical Union of Christ and The Church" December 21- "The Nativity Story" movie (not part of the Catholicism Series)
Can't join us for the DVDs at St. Stephen? Watch it at home on the Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN)! Go to www.ewtn.com/channelfinder to find your local channel.
- Saturday, December 10 at 3 PM (Episode 7, “Word Made Flesh, True Bread of Heaven: The Mystery of the Liturgy and the Eucharist”)
- Sunday, December 11 at 8 PM (Episode 8, “A Vast Company of Witnesses: The Communion of Saints)
Saturday, December 17 at 7 PM (Episode 10, “World Without End - The Last Things”)
The Christmas Giving Trees are up! This year there are four groups offering Christmas gifting opportunities. Please see the trees in the Narthex and consider selecting one or more tags to help those in need. All Gifts and Gift Cards need to be returned by Sunday, December 18. Thank you!
Here’s some more info on the groups your gifts will help:
- Talbot Center for Rehabilitation- This is a skilled nursing home facility designed to meet short and long term needs of seniors. They would like presents wrapped and the tags attached to the package- then leave them under the tree. Sponsored by St. Stephen Ministries.
- St. Stephen Housing Association- SSHA assists residents that live in the transitional housing program. They are asking for food or gas gift cards. Please put the cards in envelopes, mark “SSHA” on the front, and leave them in the church collection baskets or in the box by the tree. SSHA again thanks you for the recent blanket donations and says, "Bless you for your generosity!"
- Pregnancy Aid- This organization works hard all year to maintain supplies for babies of moms who don’t otherwise have much support. See the tree tags for items requested. Please do not wrap these presents- just attach the tag and put them under the tree. .
- Homeless Backpacks- This is one of our ongoing parish outreach projects. Requested items will be put into backpacks and distributed in January (or sooner, if the weather becomes inclement). Please do not wrap items- just attach the tag and put them under the tree. Sponsored by Parish Outreach.
Thanksgiving Report - Our Thanksgiving Dinner served approximately 90 people. Fourteen turkeys were prepared! Not only did extra food go home with many of our guests, but the remaining turkeys and turkey breasts were distributed to people who came to the food bank this week- they were delighted. Thanks to all who contributed to this special dinner with their time, talents, and treasures. Approximately 175 Senior Thanksgiving ‘Baskets’ were assembled by our Life Teens two Sundays ago. It took six van loads to deliver the bags of food to Catholic Community Services to the seniors before Thanksgiving. Thanks to the teens, and to all of you who donated food, gift cards, and your time to this special project.
The Lit & Latte Girl Group (Girlfriends Book Club) is reading Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent. Please join us on Monday, Dec 5 at 7 PM in the St Stephen's Room to discuss the book. Questions? Contact Pam Redmond (firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-235-8790).
Help Decorate the Church No experience is needed, just a desire to help! If interested, please contact Cynde at email@example.com or 253-631-1940, x104.
- Sunday, Dec 18, 6:45 PM - 8:30 PM for Christmas decorating
- Monday, Dec 19, 9 AM - 12 PM for Christmas decorating
- Monday, Jan 9, 9 AM -12 PM to remove the Christmas decorations
You Can Help Your Marriage Do you feel alone? Are you frustrated or angry with each other? Do you argue or have you just stopped talking to each other? Does talking about it only make it worse? Retrouvaille helps couples through difficult times in their marriages. The next program weekend is Jan 20 - 22. For info or to register (all confidential) call 206-706-2608 or visit www.helpourmarriage.com.
Spiritual Retreat Opportunities coming up at St. Mary-on-the-Lake Chapel (1663 Killarney Wy, Bellevue). For more info or to register, contact Carmel Little, CSJP at 425-635-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Free-will offering requested at both events.
- Wednesday, Dec 14 from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM: Peace Days for Women, “Embracing the Dark: Holy Presence”. Led by Alexandra Kovats, CSJP. Bring a sack lunch; coffee/tea provided
- Saturday, Dec 17 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM: Day of Contemplative Prayer for Women and Men. Led by Kathleen Pruitt, CJSP and Kwan Wong. Arrive 30 mins. early if this is your first time coming to Contemplative Prayer.
Advent talk at St. Anthony Fr. Dwight Lewis, newly ordained priest and Parochial Vicar at St. Michael in Olympia, will give a talk titled, “Your Faith has Saved You”. Friday, Dec 9 at 7:30 PM in the Parish Hall at St. Anthony (Renton). Sponsored by the St. Anthony Prayer Group. For info contact Sandy 425-282-4902 or Marilou 253-631-3272.
Thank you to the owners of Country Tree Farm for again donating Christmas trees to our church this year! Country Tree Farm (18225 116th Ave SE, Renton) is open for business only on Saturdays and Sundays, from 9 AM to 4 PM, until Christmas. For more information, see www.countrytreefarm.com or call Becky Bernards (425-255-5172).